This course introduces the IBM Content Navigator web client and the framework. You learn how to view, add, and search for content in the web client. You also explore other IBM Content Navigator advanced features.
If you are enrolling in a Self Paced Virtual Classroom or Web Based Training course, before you enroll, please review the Self-Paced Virtual Classes and Web-Based Training Classes on our Terms and Conditions page, as well as the system requirements, to ensure that your system meets the minimum requirements for this course. http://www.ibm.com/training/terms
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to do the following tasks in IBM Content Navigator:
- View Content in IBM Content Navigator.
- Add Content in IBM Content Navigator.
- Search for Content in IBM Content Navigator.
- Explore IBM Content Navigator features
- Anyone who needs to know the IBM Content Navigator client user interface and the features.
- Administrators who are responsible for configuring and administering IBM Content Navigator system.
- Application Builders who implement solutions by using IBM Content Navigator.
- Familiarity with content management concepts
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating systems
- What is IBM Content Navigator?
- Advantages of IBM Content Navigator
- IBM Content Navigator Architecture
- Capabilities available in IBM Content Navigator
- IBM Content Navigator Interface
- Views for the Content List
- Preview a document
- Create annotations for a document
- View two documents
- Add documents and folders to Favorites
Add Content Â
- Create folders in IBM Content Navigator
- Add documents
- Check out and Check in a document
- Document Versions
- Add a link to an external document
- View and open an external document
Search for content Â
- Overview of searches
- Search View in IBM Content Navigator
- Search Criteria: Repository Folder and Type of item
- Search Criteria: File type and Action filters
- Save a Search for future use
- Search Results Display
- Content Based Search
- Text Search Options
Introduction to Advanced features
- Features and capabilities in IBM Content Navigator
- What are workflows?
- Launch a workflow
- Process a work item
- A sample Teamspace
- Entry Templates
- What is IBM Content Navigator Sync?
- IBM Content Navigator administration tool
- Start and Stop System Components