Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Create a document class.
- Create a folder class.
- Create property templates.
- Create choice lists.
- Modify classes, properties, choice lists.
- Create an event subscription with an action.
- Update an existing event subscription with a new code module.
- Use a workflow subscription.
An IBM FileNet Content Manager application builder is responsible for developing a IBM FileNet Content Manager application in a development environment.
- Basic computer skills: Able to use computers, authenticate using a name and password, follow hyperlinks, and use common user interface elements such as buttons, menus, and tabs
- Recommended prerequisite courses:
- IBM Content Navigator 220.127.116.11 Introduction (F270G )
- IBM FileNet Content Manager 5.2.1: Introduction (F280G)
Create document and folder classes
- What is a Class?
- What are Document Objects?
- Containment Concepts
- Class Inheritance
- What is a Property?
- What is a Property Template?
- What is a Property Definition?
- What are Choice Lists?
- Using Choice Lists
- How are Classes, Properties, and Choice Lists Related?
- Guidelines for Creating or Modifying a Class
- Working with Properties
Modify classes and properties
- Changing a Display Name for a Metadata Object
- Modifying a Choice List
- Assigning a Different Document Class
- Metadata Dependencies
- Deleting metadata
- Delete a property template
- Remove property definitions from a class
- How do you find metadata dependencies?
- Delete a class
Create event subscriptions
- About Server Extensions
- Events and Subscriptions
- Define Subscription Filter
- Workflow Subscription
- Launching Workflows: Property Mapping
- Expressions in Event Subscriptions
- Steps to create an Event Action
- Update Event Action with new code module version
- Disabling Subscriptions
- Subscription Run Mode
- Start and Stop System Components